Thursday, January 17, 2013

30 - 30 Challenge - Day 16

Oil with Palette Knife - 5 X 7 - Sold

We were sitting around watching a '60's movie last night when the idea for this painting popped up on the screen.

I got up early this morning intending to paint, but wound up with our favorite Thursday morning breakfast group of artists - Alla Prima Portland ( Alla Prima Portland ).  In this group, there's no discussion about what anyone did over the weekend unless its regarding art.

Members of the group instruct, encourage and support each other.  We also "show and tell"  -  I mean review each other's work.

The level of skill of these experienced artists is really impressive.   Not only do I get to stuff my face with a delicious breakfast, but I benefit greatly from their knowledge and generosity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment