Sunday, January 20, 2013

30 - 30 Challenge - Day 19

Oil - 8 X 8

Animals rule in Portland.  I've never seen so many dogs (even in Home Depot), cats, fish, birds, ...  Believe it or not, Portland city dwellers are even allowed to keep 3 chickens (hens) in their backyards.  I have a dog, but no chickens.

The pig (or hog) sculptures actually exist in a NW Portland neighborhood called the Alphabet District.  The trio hangs out on the street and sneers at passersby.  They usually elicit smiles from adults and occasional screams from toddlers.

I was looking for something mindless, or tasteless, to paint today and I think I found it.  I abandoned the painting a little early (I'm bracing for the lecture on values from my artist husband).  Tomorrow's challenge piece will be started this afternoon so I can goof off with my buddy Elizabeth tomorrow.






I love Portland.




2 comments:

  1. Keep it up. You're amazing! And love the pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. The pictures don't do Oregon justice. You'll just have to see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete