Tuesday, January 29, 2013

30 - 30 Challenge - Day 28

Oil - 6 X 6

Due to technical difficulties (me, not the computer) this painting was posted late.    Looking at the photos below, you'll see I had planned on posting something a little different.  



No, she's not my mom, but she looked like my mom and almost everyone else's mom during the late 50's.  In fact, she looked like that every day, first thing in the morning!

I think of Donna Reed because Elizabeth and I went antiquing yesterday.  First stop was Hippo Hardware.  You have to experience this place to believe it.





Then we went to Monticello Antique Market for a blast from the past.  (Their blog:  Monticello Antique Marketplace - great links)




Gosh, I think I had a pair of these


So what does this story have to do with today's painting?  Well, nothing.  I intended on painting something I bought from the shop, but changed course a bit - by about 200 years.


3 comments:

  1. This are awesome pic's, OMG the nun in the tub with the fins! LOL You should paint that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun. Great idea, Gloria. I think I will paint the nun.

    ReplyDelete