Monday, February 25, 2013

Pretty in LuRay Pink

Pretty in LuRay Pink - Sold
Watercolor Batik - 9 X 13

When I was a little girl, Saturday was my favorite day of the week because my grandmother and I would spend the day
scouring garage sales in and around Detroit.  We would then take the cache back to her house, cook dinner, and examine and critique every piece.

 When grandma died a few years ago at age 97, my father turned many her vintage pieces over to me - varieties of Depression glass, assorted costume jewelry, and my favorite, LuRay pastel pottery.

Whenever I look at these pieces, they bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart.  Oh, oh...  I can feel a series of paintings coming on.







2 comments:

  1. I love this and these wondeful memories!!! I loved sharing things with my grandma too, I also have her dishes, silverware, a favorite cooking pot,... I use them and cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a still life. Thanks for the comment, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete