Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Horse is a Horse

Watercolor Batik - 16 X 22

The best of the challenge paintings have gone to a good home.   As far as the stinkers go, may they rest in peace.

I ran out of titanium white (how did I do that?) & can't get to the art supply store till Thursday.    Hence the day was spent starting some sky-scapes using a technique I learned from my mentor a few years ago.  It involves using oil paint thinly and repeating layers over dry under layers.   I haven't done this in a while and have been looking forward to trying it again.

So, in the meantime, all I have for show and tell today is a year old batik.  It would be great getting reacquainted with these, too. 

3 comments:

  1. I love love love your batiks!!! And this one is no exception!!! Can you post some more of your old ones?
    <3 Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your batiks!!! And this one is no exception!!! Can you post some more of your old ones?
    <3 Jo

    ReplyDelete