Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

I love Easter mainly for what it symbolizes in my Christian faith.  But it also reminds me of a different kind of rebirth.

It's springtime in Portland.  This is what I saw around my house this morning.






Back in Michigan,  we had a 30' X 10' vegetable garden.  Here, though, we're planting veggies in two small raised beds.  But that's cool because we've signed up for a couple of outdoor field trips with John Kallas, local urban wild food forager ( Wild Food Adventures - Edible Plant Expertise, Workshops, Publications).   I feel like I'm living "Portlandia."


Unfortunately, I haven't been living in the land of art.  It's been a crazy couple of weeks.   Hope to get back to painting tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow flowers already and so much green, nice. Hey don't eat the mushrooms, but take some pics!

    That show is stupid funny, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show is stupid! Hey, good luck on your workshop in Carmel. It's a beautiful, beautiful little town, and the Renaissance gallery and owner are first class!

    ReplyDelete