Friday, May 24, 2013

I Hate Snakes

Alcohol Ink


I just learned how to put a long dent in Yupo paper with my fingernail...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending the next two days in the studio with my oil paints.  Tim is taking an oil portrait workshop this weekend from Yer Za Vue, a former Disney animator and current professor at the Art Institute of Portland.

In August, Tim will study with Thomas Kitts, whom we met at an Alla Prima Portland meeting months ago.   (Thomas also has an awesome Facebook page.)

Yes, it is because of Thomas and other seriously talented Portland artists that we will be taking the plein air plunge this summer. I'm planning to post the "Plein Air Chronicles" as they materialize. A funny coming attraction video is even in the works. Tim has promised to edit out the part of me screaming when I see the snake.



3 comments:

  1. You have gotten really good at these! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly. You are such an inspiration yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I agree, but snakes? LOL, I'm looking forward to the chronicles

    ReplyDelete