Monday, November 25, 2013

Notan

Watercolor - 14 X 10

Watercolor - 14 X 10

Something good happened:  my dear friend Jo from Michigan came to stay with us for a while.  Then something bad happened:  the retaining wall in the back of our house (and I mean what keeps our house from tumbling into our neighbor's house) started to collapse.  An emergency crew has worked ONE MONTH on rebuilding the wall.  They finished it yesterday.

I didn't feel like doing artwork, but discovered once I forced myself to begin,  it was pretty relaxing.  That's a good lesson right there.

Tim and I have also slipped out for a couple of mental health breaks with our art group.  These notan paintings were done a couple of weeks ago when the topic of discussion was notan / patterns of light and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment