Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day One

Untitled
Oil - 6 X 6

Once again, the new year begins with Leslie Saeta's 30-30 Challenge.

With a self-imposed "theme of the week" plan in effect, the paintings for the next seven days will depict a variety of faces:  human, animal, statue, young, old, ...

 I've even considered doing the face of a clock.  Then there's face-off (as in hockey), face to face, face it, the face of adversity, saving face, and back again to portraits.   And portraits it is.

So here we go.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Chris! Wish I lived closer, I would love to watch you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a knack with portraits Chris. I loved the Chrismas one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her eyes are so compelling. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kelly. I would love to watch you paint, too. I would also love to watch a world class glass artist in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, my! Your work is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sea. Apreciate your comment and appreciate all that you do for fellow artists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Laurie (Loudlife). Appreciate the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Donna. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start! and a fascinating theme! Looking forward to seeing what you will make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to start this off! She is intriguing, huh?

    ReplyDelete