Friday, January 31, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days



The second annual challenge was more fun than the first.  This time around, I accepted that I might not like every painting and that I would have to post some that weren't "finished."  Yeah, it was really okay.

 Reconnecting with a Facebook group of artists participating in the challenge also worked in my favor.  This group was a safe haven where we could whine a little, get a some advice, and support each other a lot. 

Even though the holiday season was hectic and we're in the middle of some home renovations, the challenge was a good way to start the new year.  It has helped me focus on where I want to take my painting.

For the first time, I'm feeling hopeful about my future in art.  Of course, living in Portland, Oregon where the creative spirit rules might have something to do with it.  But all the good advice from artist friends and mentors is finally beginning to settle in and I'm feeling I'm good to move forward.

And move forward I will after a short break;  family and house have been neglected a bit.





4 comments:

  1. Chris I so glad yo did the 30 in 30 I have so enjoyed seeing you beautiful work, your sense of humor and your wonderful support! You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the FB group has been very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valued your comments and support, too, Gloria and Jutta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, all thirty paintings are beautiful and exquisite. Wow.!

    ReplyDelete