In August, I received a new roll of Japanese rice paper from New York Central Art Supply. Unfortunately, I didn't unwrap it until last week.
It was then I discovered it was not the paper I had previously received from them; this one continually shredded while I worked on it. I did a few throwaways, and then decided to stop trying on this paper. I'm shopping for new stuff.
Since I'm so focused on batiks, I've been doing small watercolor value paintings for future larger batik pieces. I usually do them for more complicated batiks, but thought these would be great for the last week of the challenge.