Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 29

First, a clarification is needed regarding my last blog post.  The photos are of watercolor batiks.  They are not woodblock prints.  I identified them as batiks under the artwork, but my commentary was very sloppy.  Sorry about that.


So, tomorrow is the end of the challenge.  Working in a short series (the African animals) was a great experience, and it was good to narrow the subject matter and not have artwork "all over the place."  I think I finally get it.

Commissions will keep me busy the next couple of weeks, but I hope to squeeze in a couple of other paintings.   And I know my sweet husband is happy the challenge is over.  Now he can take off that apron.  (Yes, he is a very good cook!)  Thank you, Tim!




4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...I kinda don't know what to do with myself! Your work was (and is) so incredibly spectacular, Chris. I'm so glad you painted all those beautiful paintings. And commissions...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurie!! It was a joy looking at all of your incredible paintings!! And commissions - they are for family & then I'm out of the commission business. Time to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, You always surprise me with how amazing your work is! The zebras were such a stunning and successful series!!! I can't wait until you give the workshop, maybe zebras? Congrats on the commissions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, it was a pleasure to see almost daily your beautiful watercolors.
    Congartulations for your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete