Saturday, January 24, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Nos. 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, & 24

 African Elephant
Watercolor Batik on Rice Paper - 8 X 10


 








Batiks - 8 X 10

Only a couple batiks have been mounted and color corrected; the rest will go on the pile till after the challenge.  Those zebras kept calling to me, so I popped off a few more.  This time, I previewed a new color (rose), but I'm not sure I'll keep it on my palette.

I have been experimenting with a tjanting tool (produces a controlled line with melted wax), and am still walking the learning curve.  Think I'll quit experimenting till February.

As usual, I've learned a lot during this month, especially about zebras, and look forward to this final week of the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Chris, your paintings are fabulous! I am in awe and wondering how this batik thing is working.
    I particularly like your elephant !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful!!!
    Outstanding as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no words for these. They are simply beautiful! Can't wait for our workshop in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore elephants. Wise and kind animals.
    You did them justice. Fabulous work and I enjoy your zebras too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you have posted...just awesome! Glad to connect with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work! I love your sense of design, color, texture and the beautiful way you capture the spirit of the animals.

    ReplyDelete