Thursday, February 19, 2015

B is for Blue Dog (Alphabetica Batik)

 B is for Blue Dog
Watercolor Batik on Rice Paper - 7 X 5
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/christine-lally/b-is-for-blue-dog/334630 - Sold

When I think back to our daughter's preschool years, I have nice memories of sitting on the couch with her and watching the Nick Jr. TV show "Blues Clues."   It was a children's  program that used a blue colored puppy to make learning colors and numbers fun.

In wondering what to paint for the letter "B,"  I came up with several ideas, but none put a smile on my face faster than thinking about spending time with my daughter and laughing at that silly blue dog.

So in honor of the puppy Blue, here is a small painting of a really blue dog.


14 comments:

  1. A silly dog full of beautiful memories! Love his eyes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so pretty! This looks to be a pitbull? I remember my girls watching Blues Clues too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Hilda! The older I get, the more often I go down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sherry. Not a pitbull - just a mutt. We still have the stuffed animal "Blue" - somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little blue dog with his ball. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a great idea - that puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Laurie. I see from your profile photo that you have a soft spot for canine cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Rolina. I think God made them so cute so you don't kill them when they chew up your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eyes made my heart turn over. So much love.
    Looking forward to C.

    ReplyDelete