Monday, February 23, 2015

D is for Degas' Dancer (Alphabetica Batik)


Dancer (After Degas)
Watercolor Batik w/Conte Crayon on Rice Paper - 7 X 5
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/christine-lally/degas-dancer-after-degas-/335590

French Impressionist Edgar Degas made hundreds of drawings and paintings of ballet dancers.  Although he painted realistically, Degas often defied traditional composition.

My favorite BBC miniseries, The Impressionists, is a wonderful 3-part movie focusing on Degas, Manet, Monet, Renoir and Bazille; how their friendships developed and endured.

Here's a peek (They had me at the train whistle).

Click here:  The Impressionists

10 comments:

  1. Outstanding piece, Chris. Love this and love Degas! He would have loved this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment, Hilda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Chris! I do so love the Impressionists! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite though Van Gogh is right up there...as is Renoir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful interpretation Chris and a fun idea for a series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sherry. I'd also be hard pressed to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Carmella. This series IS really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece, Chris! I love the colors and I love the "grace" of it.

    ReplyDelete