Thursday, April 23, 2015

K is for Kite Watercolor Batik

Kite - Watercolor Batik on Rice Paper - 8 X 10 - NFS

This rainbow raptor is called a kite.  Like eagles and hawks, kites are birds of prey. 

 A variety of raptors hover and soar above our neighborhood here in northwest Oregon.   We have even seen a bald eagle fly to a nest on top of a nearby cell phone tower;  this will explain the upcoming sightings of two headed birds.

And here are some batiks that don't fly; they didn't
 make the cut.


A couple of them look okay from this viewpoint, but they are not okay - most have holes in them, some are unable to be cropped to fit standard mats, and some my own family does not even want.


So, compliments of my daughter,  here is a very short video consistent with the theme of flight.  You might want to turn down the volume on your computer.






16 comments:

  1. I love this, Chris! Fantastic painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing works...I like the BIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! Each of these pieces is gorgeous, Chris! I can't believe your family wouldn't want those pieces. I think each and every one of them is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just catching up to my artist friends work after a long break and have to say what youve been doing the past few weeks is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A spectacular bird! Well done Chris and I find that little video very good! I was surprised to see the ending, amazing really waht you can do with a camera now. Bravo to your daughter, :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you style, so fresh and original. I think your "rejects" look very nice, the composition and color looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you consider not good enough, are what the outside world considers treasures. You're a cornball! All your work is gorgeous and has your personality all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is amazing Chris! I love the colors and your unique style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone! Helen, I'll pass on your compliment to our daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Chris- I so disagree about your beautiful work. All of it looks great to me. Your raptor is superb. I think you are so talented my friend. Also your daughter did a great job with the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris I so love your stuff! He is gorgeous. I don't know what you want it to look like lol but this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Debbie. I like most of the batiks, but they have holes in them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Kelly. I like the raptor. The other batiks are a little hole-y. I will do them again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Kelly. I like the raptor. The other batiks are a little hole-y. I will do them again.

    ReplyDelete