Friday, July 17, 2015

25 More Things to Love About Art


 1.  A favorite studio easel
 2.  An oil painting palette
 3.  Art history
 4.  Artists' sketchbooks
 5.  Girl with a Pearl Earring (the book & the painting)


Girl with a Pearl Earring - Johannes Vermeer

 6.  Life drawing
 7.  Flat files
 8.  The stories of artists
 9.  Art walks
10. Quotes by artists

"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: 
I am here to live out loud."
Emile Zola


11. Doodles
12. Illustration
13. Art Supplies
14. Museum exhibitions
15. Refrigerator art





16. Erasers
17. The golden mean
18. The principles of design
19. Street art
20. The Impressionists Movie (BBC Mini-Series)




21. Art that makes you laugh.
22. Art that makes you cry.
23. Art that makes you think.
24. Art that makes you happy.
25. Art that makes you come alive.


12 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    This is such a great post! Thank you so much for sharing! Although I have never been able to sketch, draw or paint, I have a strong appreciation for those who can and do! Some of my favourite artists are: Claude Monet, Thomas Kinkade, Pauline Paquin, just to name a few...and I have to add Chris Lally to my list of faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Linda. You and your blog are on my list of faves, too. If you are ever inclined, you will discover that you CAN draw - great books (like Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain) and teachers are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! And now I must watch "The Impressionists"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,Kali. I really love the mini-series. My only disappointment is that it doesn't feature all of the Impressionist players. Guess it would have to had been a longer series for that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. great list :D

    except #2, cant breath right around oil paints :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic list Chris!!I will have to watch the mini-series....oh how I would love to paint like them:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love art lists! I can't even pick my fav! If i HAD to I would pick #3 and #10.
    thanks Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heart and soul of my artist friends...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jennifer. Watercolor and acrylic palettes are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Karen. It would have been fun to peek over their shoulders while they were painting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Teri. I love history and quotes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Chris - beautiful post my friend. I have got to see that movie series the Impressionists. I know it would be something I would love. Hope you have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete