Monday, August 3, 2015

More In-Progress

Watercolor Batiks - Lion of Lucerne16X20 / That Cold Winter Wind 12X16


Two batiks, a new one on the left and a re-do of an old one on the right, have been giving me problems,  so I'll put them aside and start two more.  This way of doing artwork has really helped keep the creative juices flowing.

I'm looking forward to doing a short step-by-step batik on the blog later this week.   It will be very simple (as in a pear)  because an art project is keeping me really busy until the end of August.

I'm a big fan of watercolor batik artist and teacher Kathie George.   Kathie sells beginner thru advanced "how to" batik packets on her website "Shopping" page.   She sells rice paper as well.

Kathie is not a personal friend and I've never purchased one of her packets, but she has the reputation of being a great teacher and has some gorgeous designs that look like a lot of fun.


25 comments:

  1. really nice shapes in both of them :) very drastic looking :) (even the sleeping lion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great, Chris, and I especially love the sleeping one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chris- both of these look superb. Cats of any nature are a favorite of mine. Will look forward to your online demo. Hope your day is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Helen. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Debbie. Hope you're having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, I just love your art. Keep posting these kinds of links too. Maybe one day I can indulge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, I just love your art. Keep posting these kinds of links too. Maybe one day I can indulge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sherry. I'll keep looking for great links & hope you're back up to speed with your artwork very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these... Your style is so unique !

    ReplyDelete
  10. These batiks look wonderful, and I too look forward to your blog demo. Will have to find some rice paper to play with. It's always such a good idea to start new work if stuck, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool, as always, Chris. I can't wait for your "educational" trip to Michigan/Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good advice, Pat. Thanks for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Laurie - later than sooner, but it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting subjects!... This video of yours should be quite interesting. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No video, Helen. Haven't figured that one out yet. Photos only

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I'm sooo impressed! Love both of these! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I'm sooo impressed! Love both of these! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I'm sooo impressed! Love both of these! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these both Chris, looks like a lot of work! I can't wait to see the step by step batik...it looks fascinating, I've always wondered how you do it. I did some batik in a class when I used to paint on silk,but we did so many different techniques I really can't remember much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both pictures. The one on the left reminds me of Aslan, the lion from The Chronicles of Narnia. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I can't wait to see more of your art. I always enjoy visiting your blog because you are my absolute favorite artist... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Karen. I will probably be embarrassed at the step by step. It will be pretty short and simple for now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - thank you, Dee! And you host my very favorite lifestyle blog - personal, sincere, fresh, unique, how about just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete